Draupadi Murmu is the 15th & Current President of India. And She was the official candidate of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) for the Presidential election of 2022. She came from the Schedule tribe community of the Odisha state of India and was the first lady but, overall, the ninth governor of the Jharkhand State.
It is the first time in Indian history that a tribal member has been nominated for President. It is a historic occasion itself. And did not happen in the past.
What is her real name, Draupadi Murmu?
Her real name is Draupadi Murmu.
What is the date of birth of Draupadi Murmu?
Her birth date is June 20, 1958, and she is 64 years old.
What are her birthplace and her hometown?
Her birthplace is Mayurbhanj district in Odisha, in Baidaposi village.
Does Draupadi Murmu have Indian citizenship?
Yes. She has Indian citizenship. You must have Indian citizenship to nominate for the President’s election.
What was the name of the school where she studied?
There is no data regarding her schooling, but we will update you as we get it.
What religion does she follow?
She follows Hinduism and belongs to the tribal community of Odisha.
What is the zodiac sign of the Draupadi Murmu?
Gemini is the zodiac sign of Draupadi Murmu.
What is the physical state of Draupadi Murmu?
She is 1.63 meters (5 feet 4 inches) in height and 74 kilograms (164 lbs.). The eyes are brown, and the hair is black.
What is her schooling?
There is no significant data available to support her schooling. But she had passed from Rama Devi Women’s College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, with a Bachelor of Arts.
What is the net worth of Draupadi Murmu?
As per the report and online source, she has $1.5 million (11.73 Cr INR) estimated.
Let’s talk about some family backgrounds of Draupadi Murmu.
She belongs to a middle-class family. His father, Biranchi Narayan Tudu, and grandfather were headmen of the village at the time.
She married Shyam Charan Murmur. They blessed with three children (two sons and a daughter). But she lost her sons and husband. And only their daughter could survive. She started her career in teaching.
She was an assistant professor at the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research Institute in Rairangpur. Later, in the irrigation department, at the post of junior assistant. Then she moved to politics in 1997.
Draupadi Murmu’s Political Carrier–
- She begins her political career as a counsellor in Odisha’s Rairangpur constituency. Next year, she became vice-chairperson of the Rairangpur District.
- Major events in her life came in the 2000 assembly elections. When she was elected as a member of the legislative assembly on a Bharatiya Janta Party ticket. She assigned to the transportation and commerce department for two years. Then state government decorates the fishing and husbandry department for the next two years.
- The 2004 assembly election named her state the Rairangpur constituency.
- She was BJP district president of the Mayurbhanj district from 2002 to 2009, 2010, and 2013 to 2015. Later, the party named her state president of the schedule tribe Morcha from 2006 to 2009.
- The Indian government appointed her Governor of Jharkhand in 2015, and she will hold the post till 2021.
Achievements of the Draupadi Murmu —
- Before Murmu, the only male appointed as Governor of Jharkhand. This means she is the first lady to be nominate for the post.
- She is the first lady tribal leader of Odisha state to appointed as the state’s Governor.
- The Odisha government awarded her the “Nilakhantha Award” for the best MLA of 2007.