Recently, the NDA government announced Jagdeep Dhankhar as their candidate for upcoming Vice President Election. For now, he is serving as the 28th governor of West Bengal. He comes from a small village and has achieved many things in life. Let’s read Jagdeep Dhankhar’s biography to know his schooling, achievements, birthplace, and all.
What is his full name?
The full name is Chaudhary Jagdeep Dhankhar. He has earned the nickname of Kisan Putra.
What is the date of birth of Jagdeep Dhankhar?
His date of birth is May 16, 1951. He is 71 years old now.
What is the birthplace and hometown of Jagdeep Dhankhar?
The birthplace of Jagdeep Dhankhar is Kithana, Jhunjhunu District, and Rajasthan. He is living in the same place.
What is the zodiac sign of Jagdeep Dhankhar?
Jagdeep Dhankhar’s zodiac sign is Taurus.
Which country’s nationality does he have?
Jagdeep Dhankhar has been an Indian citizen since his birth.
What was the name of the school where Jagdeep Dhankhar studied?
He completed his primary schooling at Government Primary School, Kithana. And later moved to Sainik School, Chittorgarh.
He joined Maharaj’s College, Jaipur, and the University of Rajasthan to complete his college courses. And he has a Bachelor’s degree in Physics with honors and a Professional Degree in LLB.
What are his physical stats?
He is almost 6 feet in height, approximately 1.82 meters.
His eyes are dark brown and his hair is salt and pepper.
What religion does Jagdeep Dhankhar follow?
Jagdeep Dhankhar is a Hindu who belongs to the Jatt caste.
What is the net worth of Jagdeep Dhankhar?
Jagdeep Dhankhar’s net worth is somewhere $1 to $4 million (8 crores to 32 crores).
The family background of Jagdeep Dhankhar
His father, Gokal Chand, and his mother, Kesari Devi, were from a small village in Rajasthan named Jhunjhunu. Dhankhar finished his education at Kithana Government School and Ghardhana Government School before moving to Chittorgarh to attend Sainik School.
He is married to Dr. Sudesh Dhankhar, an economist with a Ph.D.The couple has a daughter named Kamna Dhankhar.
Jagdeep Dhankhar has two brothers and a sister. Kuldeep Dhnakhar and Randeep Dhankhar are brothers, and Indra Dhankhar is his sister.
Let’s see the favorite things of Jagdeep Dhankhar
He has visited Singapore, Hong Kong, the USA, the UK, Italy, Australia, China, Switzerland, New Zealand, Canada, and Germany. He loves to read and do meditation.
Some Interesting Points:
- In 1979, he was enrolled by the Bar Council of Rajasthan and he started the practice as his advocate.
- He was appointed senior advocate in the Rajasthan High Court in 1990 and held the position until 2019. He was President of the Court Bar Association of Jaipur in 1987.
- Since 1990, he has been practicing in the Supreme Court of India. Although he has been represented in several high courts and
- In 1988, he started his political career with the Janata Dal party. He got the party ticket for the Member of Parliament and won the election from Jhunjhunu District. He remained an MP till 1991.
- He served as Union Deputy Minister of Parliamentary Affairs in 1990.
- In 1991, he joined the Indian National Congress and got an INC Member of Parliament ticket from Kishangarh in Rajasthan. He remained at the post till 1998.
- Again, he joined the BJP in 2003 and became an assembly election campaign committee member in 2008.
- July 1, 2019: The ruling BJO government named Jagdeep Dhankher as governor of West Bengal. He was also named chairman of the Eastern zonal culture center (EZCC).
- In July 2022, Jagdeep Dhankher finalized his name as vice president of India’s National Democratic Alliance.
- Jagdeep Dhankher is an active social activist. He has participated in the Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS).
- He was in the news all the time for his war of words with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
- In July 2020, he planned a meeting of vice-chancellors of universities at his residence, but no one had joined. He ordered an inquiry and asked the CM of West Bengal for the reason.