Every football fan is familiar with the name Lionel Messi (Argentine international football player). He is an all-time great player, and his skills are amazing in the international football match. Nobody can explain his achievement in a single line or word. There are so many ups and downs in his life. Born in Argentina but moved to Spain to play for FC Barcelona at the age of 13. Messi has given everything to football.
He has ensured many wins for his country and club in crucial matches and won so many awards. His name is etched in the annals of football history. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are considered this era’s greatest competitors, but both are great players. So, with this article, we will know Lionel Messi’s biography, height, achievements, Net Worth, salary, wife, children, height, Zodiac sign, and many more.
Table of contents
- Lionel Messi Biography
- What is the full name of Messi?
- What is a profession of Messi?
- What is his birthday, and where was he born?
- What is the zodiac sign of Lionel Messi?
- Which country’s citizenship does Messi have?
- What are the physical statistics of Lionel Andrés Messi?
- What are the Salary and net worth of Lionel Messi?
- Who is Wife of the Lionel Messi?
- The Personal Life of Lionel Messi
- The Professional Life of Lionel Messi
- Some Little-Known Facts About Lionel Messi
Lionel Messi Biography
Lionel Messi is an Argentine footballer and the greatest player of the decade. So, without wasting more time, let’s begin the biography of Lionel Messi.
What is the full name of Messi?
Lionel Andrés Messi is his full name. There are so many nicknames: Atomic Flea, La Pulga, Messidona, Leo Messi, etc.
What is a profession of Messi?
Lionel Messi is a full time footballer and plays for the Argentina football team. He was a member of FC Barcelona but moved to Paris Saint-Germain in 2021. He plays as a striker.
What is his birthday, and where was he born?
June 21, 1987, is the birthday of Lionel Messi, and his birthplace is Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina. He lived in Bellamar, a small suburb in Barcelona, Spain. But recently he moved to his hometown, Rosario.
What is the zodiac sign of Lionel Messi?
Cancer is the zodiac sign of Lionel Messi.
Which country’s citizenship does Messi have?
Messi was born in Argentina and holds Argentine citizenship.
What was the name of the school and college where Messi studied?
Messi did not go to school or college. He gives his life to football and has never done anything else.
What are the physical statistics of Lionel Andrés Messi?
Height of Messi is 1.70 meters, or 5 feet 7 inches, and he weighs nearly 68 kilograms or nearly 150 pounds. His eyes and hair are black.
- Chest – 40 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
- Biceps – 13 inches
- Shoe Size – 10 inches
What are the Salary and net worth of Lionel Messi?
According to online reports, Lionel Messi’s net worth exceeds $620 million (€600 million). And his salary is $40 million (€38 million). He is one of the richest athletes of all time.
Who is Wife of the Lionel Messi?
Antonela Roccuzzo is the wife of Lionel Messi. And they tied the knot in 2017 after dating each other for more than ten years. She is a model, and recently. She signed an agreement with the Argentine fashion label Ricky Sarkany.
The Personal Life of Lionel Messi
- Born in Argentina and raised in Barcelona, Spain. Messi was born on June 24, 1987, in the city of Rosario, Argentina.
- His father, Jorge Messi, was a manager in a steel factory, and his mother, Celia Cuccittini, worked in a magnet producing factory.
- He is the third of four children.
- His father is Italian and of Spanish descent, whereas her mother is completely Italian. But he chose to play for Argentina, where he was born.
- Emanuel Biancucchi and Maximiliano (both of whom played for the Argentine football team) are his cousins. And he used to play with them in his childhood.
- He has three brothers and one sister. Lionel’s elder brother, Rodrigo Messi, is his business manager, and Matias Messi, who is also an elder, is Lionel’s professional brand manager. His sister, Maria Sol Messi, is a social media influencer, and she is younger than him.
- He had known her wife, Antonela Roccuzzo since they were children, but they missed him when he went to Barcelona. He is Antonela Roccuzzo’s cousin, thanks to Lucas Scaglia, and the two meet again.
- In 2017, they married after dating each other for more than ten years. And Messi said in an interview that he is completely satisfied with her married life.
- Duo has three sons: Thiago Messi Roccuzzo, who is ten years old; Mateo Messi Roccuzzo, who is seven years old; and Ciro Messi Roccuzzo, who is four years old.
The Professional Life of Lionel Messi
- Messi started playing football when he was four years old.
- Grandoli was his first football club, where he played from 1992 to 1995.
- In 1995, he joined Newell’s Old Boys, where he met Lucas Scaglia and played until 2000.
- In 2003, when Barcelona learned about Lionel Messi, they moved him to Barcelona, Spain, to play and train there.
- Initially, he played for Barcelona’s F team for one year (2003–2004) and Barcelona’s B team from 2004–2005.
- Soon, seniors and management realize his talent and promote him to the senior team of the club. And he makes his debut for one of the biggest clubs in the world against Espanyol in 2004. He played for FC Barcelona until 2021.
- He has scored 474 goals in 520 appearances for FC Barcelona, and he holds the record for the most goals for one club.
- In 2021, he joined Paris Saint-Germain and is currently playing for the club. Where he has scored 13 goals in 39 appearances.
- He played for Argentina’s Under-20 team and scored 14 goals in 18 appearances.
- He appeared in five matches for Argentina’s Under-23 team, scoring two goals.
- He started playing for the senior Argentina team in 2005 and announced his retirement after the FIFA World Cup in 2022. He has 95 goals in 170 games on national duty. And his top competitor is Kylian Mbappé (French Football Player) on the opposite team.
Some Little-Known Facts About Lionel Messi
- When he played in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Messi was the youngest Argentine player to score.
- In the 2007 Copa America, he was announced as the tournament’s youngest player.
- He won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship.
- He has led his national team in three finals.
- He has scored the most goals by a footballer for only one club.
- When Messi was ten years old, the doctor said he suffered from a growth hormone deficiency.
- He relocated to Barcelona with his father in order to become a part of the city. The club did not have an easy time convincing a foreign player back then. So, it took time, and he started playing in the Royal Spanish Football Federation. Where he became friends with Cesc Fàbregas and Gerard Piqué.
- Lionel Messi believes in one woman per man.
- He retired from international football in 2016. However, he later reserved it and played for the country. But he recently announced his retirement after the FIFA World Cup in 2022.
- Initially, his teammates thought he could not talk because he did not talk.
- He was part of Barcelona’s youth side, also known as the “Baby Dream” team.
- The Royal Spanish Football Federation invited him to play for Spain. But he declined and returned to his native country.
- Ronaldinho recognized his talent in his first training season and called him “little brother” with love. Also, his first goal was assisted by Ronaldinho.
- Once, AC Milan offered him €150 million and three times his wages. But he refused and preferred to stay with FC Barcelona.
- When Ronaldinho retired in 2008, Messi assumed his duties and the No. 10 jersey.