In the IPL 2023 auction, a right-handed medium pacer named Mukesh Kumar from Bihar came to the limelight. After Shivam Mavi, Mukesh is the second-most valuable uncapped Indian player in IPL 2023. Teams such as Chennai Super Kings and Punjab Kings competed with the Delhi Capitals for the bid. But the JSW and GMR group-owned Delhi team won. And He will play for the DC team in the upcoming TATA Indian Premier League (2023). His connection with the Delhi team is from the previous few seasons; he was the net bowler for DC in 2022. He plays for Bengal in the domestic circuit and used his talent with the new ball to make an early breakthrough.
Table of contents
- Mukesh Kumar Biography, Net Worth, Career, Height, Girlfriends, and Other Facts
- What is his original name and nickname?
- What are the date and place of birth of Mukesh Kumar?
- What is the zodiac sign of Mukesh?
- What is the role of Mukesh Kumar in his cricket team?
- Does Mukesh Kumar have Indian citizenship?
- What is the name of the school and college where he has studied?
- What religion does Mukesh Kumar follow?
- What is the net worth of Mukesh Kumar?
- What is the physical state of Mukesh Kumar?
- Body Measurements
- Personal Life of Mukesh Kumar
- The Professional Career of Mukesh Kumar
- Interesting Facts about Mukesh Kumar
Mukesh Kumar Biography, Net Worth, Career, Height, Girlfriends, and Other Facts
Mukesh hails from Gopalganj, Bihar. He is very impressive in domestic cricket for the Bengal team. So, without wasting any time, let’s begin the biography of Mukesh Kumar.
What is his original name and nickname?
His full name is Mukesh Kumar, and his friends call him Brett Lee (the greatest bowler in Australia).
What are the date and place of birth of Mukesh Kumar?
His birthdate is October 12, 1993, and he was born in Kankar Kund, Gopalganj, Bihar.
What is the zodiac sign of Mukesh?
His zodiac sign is Libra.
What is the role of Mukesh Kumar in his cricket team?
Mukesh is a right-handed medium pacer, and he opens with the ball for his cricket team. In the lower order, he batted right-handed.
Does Mukesh Kumar have Indian citizenship?
Yes, Mukesh Kumar is an Indian citizen.
What is the name of the school and college where he has studied?
There is not much information regarding Mukesh Kumar and his studies, but he is a graduate.
What religion does Mukesh Kumar follow?
Mukesh Kumar is Hindu, and his caste is Rajput.
What is the net worth of Mukesh Kumar?
According to the latest news, Delhi Capital has acquired Mukesh Kumar for the upcoming IPL season for 5.50 crores (670,000 USD).
What is the physical state of Mukesh Kumar?
Mukesh Kumar is 6 feet tall, and his hair and eyes are black.
Chest – 38 inches
Waist – 30 inches
Biceps – 14 inches
Personal Life of Mukesh Kumar
Mukesh Kumar fits into the category of a small-town boy doing a big job. Born and raised in Gopalganj, a district of Bihar on the north side of the state sharing a border with Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar district. Mukesh Kumar was dreaming to be a cricketer. And his parents have taken it seriously and supported him in every situation. Earlier, his parents wanted him to join the government, but destiny had something different in store for him. Mukesh joined the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General. His father, the late Kashinath Singh, was a taxi driver and worked hard to fulfill his children. His other name is Malati Singh, and his uncle is Kirshnakant Singh.
He finishes his schooling at the village school and begins preparing for an Army job, which he applies for three times but is rejected. Later, his father summons him to Kolkata, but he continues to play cricket. After moving to Kolkata, he continued to play for clubs and worked hard to earn a spot in the Bengal team.
The Professional Career of Mukesh Kumar
- Mukesh Kumar is a well-known cricketer from Bihar who currently represents Bengal.
- He started playing cricket at an early age. Initially, he played with a tennis ball until he reached Kolkata.
- Gradually, he impresses players and selectors with his consistent line, length, and speed.
- After seeing his performance in the domestic cricket circuit, Delhi Capital hires him as a net bowler. And he impresses senior members and team management.
- On December 13, 2015, he made his domestic debut against Uttar Pradesh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy in Rajkot.
- He played his first T-20 match in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy on January 6, 2016, against Gujarat in Nagpur.
- He has made his first-class debut against Haryana in the Ranji Trophy at Rohtak.
- He has had an amazing first-class career. Till now, he has played 31 matches and taken 114 wickets with an amazing 22.14 average. His best bowling figure is 61 for 6.
- He received his maiden call for national duty against the South Africa Series in 2022 but did not play any matches.
- He played for India in a match against New Zealand A.
- Mukesh has played for India’s A team against Bangladesh.
Interesting Facts about Mukesh Kumar
- Mukesh Kumar works at the Comptroller and Auditor General’s Office.
- His father’s wish was to see Mukesh as a government employee.
- Mukesh lost his father in 2020 due to a brain stroke.
- The Cricket Association of Bengal’s Vision 2020 program changed Mukesh’s view of cricket. Because initially, he played with a tennis ball.
- Ranadeb Bose was the key person behind the recommendation, he suggest Mukesh to Sairaj bahutule. And later ask Mukesh to reach the greatest Waqar Younis, and Waqar consults him with some tips.
- Mukesh was malnourished for eight months and did not play any matches. But he later chose the Under-23 side after doctors diagnosed him with it.
- He got Virender Sehwag’s wicket in his first-class debut match against Haryana in Rohtak.